Sunday, February 21, 2016

Fishing Report for Putah Creek ( 2-20-16 )

Hey everyone so heres my report for Saturday 2-20-16  So me and the dogs went to the creek yesterday Me, Rusty and Tia just went to check it out let the dog run and see where we are at with the sediment deposits let the dogs run and throw a few flys and see whats crackin if anything. Well it seems to be really slow latley I think I might need to switch to 6x for the first time. I hit the creek once or twice over the last 3 months with no fish worth bragging about . Yesterday I fished for maybe 2 hours- well away from the Redds-- and landed one fish. The way I see it is as the flows come up so will the fishing so be patient and see what spring brings and if you cant wait try using 6x tippet. Whether its just winter post-spawn doldrums or the extra silt from the fire, we ride the changes with the river.

But at the end of the day fish or no fish I do love standing in a river away from the hustle & bustle of the city-- just me my own thoughts and the sound of the river.

Thanks for reading my post . March 1 is almost here and the Yuba is still fishing well. Make your dream of fly-fishing in a river like Brad Pitt a reality this Spring! www.napavalleyflyguides.com Richard Loft 707-294-4738


No comments:

Post a Comment