Monday, August 8, 2022

 Monday August 8th 2022

  PM Fishing Report; Flows are fluctuating between 450- 480 cfs 

Hello and thanks for visiting my report. I got a late start late yesterday reaching the Creek about 6;00 or 6;30 spent the first hour above the bridge with no luck. I then moved down river and focused on a section just under the bridge with no indicator simply high sticking with a RS2 on top and a Soft Hackle below.

Things must have been just right because I hooked and landed 4 or 5 fish in 30 minutes with the last one breaking my leader effectively ending my day as it was getting dark and I left my readers in the car

the last fish was only 14. or 15 inches but looked really nice as it did a few jumps before breaking me off

All in All a really good time considering Putah Creek can really be a difficult fishery 

Please feel free to call me if you want to book a trip 

Thanks again and have an awesome Fall 

Richard and Rusty

Napa Valley Fly Guides 

(707)294-4738


No comments:

Post a Comment