Friday, June 17, 2016

Todays Report 6/17/2016

Todays Report 6/17/2016,

I hiked into a favorite spot with a friend today and was not disappointed; I landed 7 or 8 fish with just a little extra effort- switching flys, adding weight, etc etc. In my experience the fish seem to bite more when it's overcast. I caught three on a pheasant tail- size 14 and but the fish do seem to be podded up in certain spots right now; you have to put in the legwork to find em. The ones I landed were juveniles but still beauties! Funny side note- my friend caught a smallmouth bass which I have never seen on Putah until today. Here he is:
So despite the high summer flows, fishin still going pretty well. Want an off the beaten path adventure? Give me a call! 707-294-4738 Richard Loft www.napavalleyflyguides.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment