Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Putah Report 9/15/16

Hey Everyone- Putah is continuing to fish really well, however it is getting a lot of pressure so consider being a little extra quiet; and fish spots others don't bother fishing due to heavy concentrations of boulders that make drifts difficult. You can always go to a hopper dropper and fish those runs being overlooked by most. Also consider bringing a second rod for nymphing. I have been doing very well with a standard nymphing rig with a #16 or #18 top fly ( pheasant tail ) or ( caddis ) just any basic fly seems to be working, and your favorite midge below. Remember to mend often and set often I landed a nice 15 or 16in bow yesterday on just a twich of my indicator. 

 Last week produced lot of fish in the 12 to 15 inch range so fish on and if you see me on the river and are having a hard time finding a decent section to fish just ask if you can jump in and fish I try to remember to share the river when I can as few people get to fish as much as me and I understand other peoples time on the river may be very limited so just ask if you see me fishing a slot I will do my best to share. It  also forces me to fish runs I normally overlook. This time of year you never know what you will stumble across fishing obscure runs seldom fished.......? Just saying. :)  

Thanks for reading and hope to meet some of you on the river 
Richard Loft--over & out
www.napavalleyflyguides.com
napavalleyflyguides@gmail.com
707-294-4738
<*)()(><


3 Attachments

No comments:

Post a Comment