Monday, November 9, 2015

Yuba Report 11/07/2015

I really like the Yuba at these flows. Its a long drive but worth it. My local option is Putah Creek and the flows are back down to 66cfs and just too low; as well as the trout spawnning season has begun so it's not the best time to fish Putah. So here is my "Yuba River Report": Me and a friend fished Hammond Grove from 11am to 2pm then drove around the back side and fished down to the cliffs where I was able to wade out and fish spots I never thought possible and found fish I always knew were there but was never able to get to. The flows were at 625cfs and the water temps were around 54 F.  It took me a couple of hours to get my groove on; all in all 3 fish to net out of 5. I plan on getting back up there soon to keep up on whats working. 2 of the 3 were caught on 10 mm eggs and the 3rd was on a #20 black micro may. I have availability for guiding this month on the Yuba for walk-and-wade. Come check it out! http://www.napavalleyflyguides.com  Richard Loft, 707-294-4738. Fish on! <*@()()><

No comments:

Post a Comment